Thursday 16 January 2014

Crucial Question in the Interview- Why do you want to leave your current company?

Firstly, be clear over your reasons for changing jobs. Is it a step in career progression after you have learnt all that you could in your current job or are you resigning under unpleasant circumstances? Either way, they key to answering right is to sound positive, be crisp and concise, and definitely not beat around the bush if it’s the latter case. Most Important, do not talk bad about past/ Current employer.


Some concrete reasons can be -

·         A search for newer opportunities and challenges

·     A chance to work in a larger, more established organization or alternately a smaller start-up with greater responsibilities/learning curve

·         My company has started having significant layoffs, and I’m looking for a company with more stability


·         I want to find a company with more opportunities. My previous company was very small and didn't have opportunities for growth

·         My current company is very large and it's difficult to do different tasks. We have routine work that never changes. I want to work in an environment where I can utilize more of my skills


·             I always wanted to move to (Location Name). I have lot of friends who live here & some family as well

·          I am Happy with my current company & have learned great deal.  Currently I am looking to add more duties & responsibilities


·        I was looking for a position like this which is an excellent match for my skills and experience and I am not able to fully utilize them in my present job as there is very limited scope of growth. I am interested in a new challenge and an opportunity to use my technical skills and experience.

·          There were no issues at my previous job, but wanted to grow personally and professionally. Like to take new challenges and opportunities

·    I am staying in that company for a long time and everybody wants some change with respect to new responsibilities, new challenges and better pay scale

·       I am looking for the experience that can prepare me better for my future as a (Designation a/Job Profile) E.g. Marketing Manager. I have been told that your company is known for developing people professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment